Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas time

Christmas seems to be coming way sooner this year and I don't know if I (or my whole family for that matter) am ready! I've bought one Christmas present and I have no idea for the rest and I don't even have a Christmas tree yet! Worst of all, though, it doesn't feel like Christmas. The excitement and magic that are usually here seem to be absent and I can't explain why...


As I am write this I begin to think of what Christmas means. Maybe I'm not feeling the Spirit of Christmas because I'm looking in the wrong places. Although the decorations and presents are fun, they aren't lasting. Christmases pass and are forgotten, but the true meaning of Christmas is exactly that; the celebration of Christ. Without His birth in a lowly stable, I would never know the joy that comes from repenting or the peace that comes when a family member dies. Christ has saved each person through His loving Atonement, but it all started with a tiny babe lying in a manger.

No comments: