Friday, February 5, 2010

Life. What a mess!

Since I have entered the college world, it seems that several discussions (with girls at least) involves marriage, boys, kissing etc. I don't know why I am noticing this now or why it bothers me (besides the obvious fact that I do not have any special guy in my life), but it just seems to come up over and over again. So messy. So confusing. Sometimes I just wish my life was more like this:

Pride and Prejudice
Emma
Sense and Sensibility

I know there is more to life than the petty parties and drama that seem to occur in this time era, but I love it still the same. I love the beautiful romance, the practiced dances and even the social classes. I love how each well scripted character in Austen's books only worries about their own small world. Back then chivalry is still a common, required thing. Now it is an art, unknown to most of the world. Back then people contacted each other through letter (Oh how I would love to write and receive letters like that!) and when they wanted to see each other they rode their horse and buggy into town. Now we communicate through cell phones, texting, facebooking, skyping. Life just seems to be overcrowded with unneeded things. What a lovely, simple world that was. Sometimes I just wish I had the same luxury.

No comments: