Friday, May 7, 2010

Oh it's just a coincidence... not.

Do you believe in coincidences? I don't. I believe in tender mercies from the Lord. A tender mercy isn't usually something big, but, to me at least, it is a way that God shows that he is aware of you and he cares about you. Well I had an amazing tender mercy the other day that truly touched me.
I have been really worried about my grades. Well, kind of. I had two classes that I was really worried about and I thought that in order to keep my scholarship to ASU, I had to maintain a 3.5 GPA. So, I was really concerned about these two classes because I was pretty sure that I would be getting low B's in these two classes and when I tried to figure what my GPA would be, I always just barely fell short of the 3.5 mark.
Well, after a night of intense study for one of the classes that I was worried about, I prayed that I would be able to retain the knowledge that I would need to know for my final. I was begging the Lord to help me do well. Right in the middle of my prayer, I had a thought come into my head to check the requirements for keeping my scholarship. Low and behold, you had to have at least a 3.25 GPA!
I can't even explain how much of a burden this lifted from my shoulders. I wanted to laugh, sing, cry and dance all at the same time. I didn't have to know that I only had to have a 3.25 GPA, but the Lord knew that it would help me concentrate and it would relieve my stress. It was so wonderful that after my final for the difficult class, I nearly burst into song and dance. In fact, the whole day I felt the urge to do heel clicks where ever I went.
I LOVE MY LIFE!!!

2 comments:

jen said...

That picture is awesome!
Hope finals turned out well. Love to you, my friend!

Sam and Heidi said...

I agree, that's such an awesome picture! I'm so happy for you, that's such a great feeling: to be so stressed out about something, then to suddenly be relieved. I'm so grateful for the Lord and His tender mercies. :)