Saturday, December 18, 2010

Words of wisdom.

You thought I was dead, didn't you? Well, I am was. Not only was it FINALS time (gross.), but I was also sick. Like nasty lie on the couch and cough-a-lung-up/blow-your-brains-out-your-nose sick. It was bad. I may or may not have thought I was going to die, but I'm better now.
Anyways, things have been a little crazy, but super great! Especially today when I found out my semester grades. Two B's and four A's! I'm definitely okay with that!


Seriously.

Well, besides finals, I've been busy getting ready for this Christmas concert, making Christmas presents, getting texts from strangers.... Oh, wait, what is that about strange texts? Well, let me tell you.

So on Thursday, I get a text from a number that I do not recognize inviting all "U5"-ers (people in my ward) to a party at their house that night. This isn't too uncommon... I mean I DO go to a singles ward and there are lots of parties and we DO have a ward directory so it is possible that this person got my number from the directory, so I'm not too worried. Well, I text back asking who's texting me. His name is Jake Lastname... No idea who this guy is. Still not a problem, I would just ask around and see if any knows him. Turns out NOBODY does... Freak-y! So my friend Angela and I decide to go to the house just to find out who the heck this guy is. We get there and this is in front of their door.


What the what?! Don't they know it's Christmas and not Halloween?!!! Well, Angela and I were dumb fearless and went up to the house and rang the doorbell and... nothing. We heard voices, but no one answered the door. Angela deemed this the perfect creeping spying opportunity and peeked through their curtains to see if we recognized anybody. Seeing how this story is going, is it really a surprise that nobody looked familiar? Of course not.
So what do we do? Hide in the car and spy on who is going into the house, of course. Every time a car passed we'd lie on our seats and peek out the window so we woudn't be detected. We looked stupid, but it worked. Unfortunately, we didn't recognize anybody. Are you surprised? Yeah... neither am I.
Well, we decided once more to be stupid brave and go in. As we get out of the car, the car alarm goes off, and blows our cover. After everything we had done to stay hidden... Freaked out, we decide to just leave and go to a friends house and watch Prince of Persia. Which I was definitely okay with... Yuuum... Jake Gyllenhaal... Just don't look at his greasy hair... Yeah.

So anyway, the moral of this story is do not go into a house with a freaky inflatable cat in front of it ESPECIALLY if it is Christmas and not Halloween and if the person that invited you is a stranger then that's a triple no.

The End.

1 comment:

Sam and Heidi said...

I'm really glad you're not dead! During finals it seems that way though, doesn't it? I'm sorry you were so sick.... Bleck. NO FUN AT ALL!!!!! I love hearing about how life is going for you!